Sunday, May 17, 2009

whats a man to do(part1)

So we got in a little fight
I slammed the door and drove off into the night

Needed a distraction, didn’t want to think about my luv
First stop the bar, next stop the club

There I am sipping my drink, minding my own business
Then you walk in looking like the epitome of fitness

Haven’t seen you in such a long time
And I gotta tell you, u’re looking mighty fine

Soon we’ re deep in conversation
A couple drinks lead to dancefloor gyration

You’re holding me close telling me you missed me
Your body feels so good even though I know its risky

My pockets vibrating and I know its my baby
I cant pick up for obvious reasons, but not to pick up would be more shady

You’re touching me and whispering in my ear
You wanna know where my cars at..and if we can take it there

The mind is saying no but the flesh is weak
And in a moment you pull my head down and we kiss

What the hell am I doing?! I cant do this I’m sorry
I push my way through the crowd and leave in a hurry

I know I might change my mind if I look back..if I turn around
So I don’t…and as I make my way to the door I notice a familiar face in the crowd

Its more than familiar, it’s a face my eyes call home
It’s a face I fell in love with, a face I know better than my own

My baby’s staring at me with hurt in her eyes
Tears welling up in them..accusations in those eyes

I know how it looks but baby its not even like that
I was on my way back home to you..but you dont buy that

A thousand words cant justify
You turn away as you start to cry

I stand there helplessly watching you go
Confused..no baby…say it isn’t so..

in the car..we drive back in silence

the look on ur face threatening violence

i fluctuate between being sorry...and being pissed
for crying out loud...it was just one kiss

and i ddint even initiate it
another day another fight..and i dont think i can take it

to be continued..

No comments:

Post a Comment