Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Second chance

speedin thru traffic wot m i gna sæ this time?
her words echoin in my head ure treadin a thin line...

last chance to redeem myself last chance to show i care/
actions speak louder than words i GOTTA be there...

always put sumthin else b4 her
fallin asleep in front of the tv wn i promisd to cl her...

money can neva replace my luv my time
neglectin my luv cus i culd neva "waste" my time...

my darlin m sorry i said to her as she sobbd n2 the phone
feeln lyk the jerk that i am cus i shuld b there why did i hurt my baby so?...

damn this traffic move man!
if im l8 4 my lil gurls presentation ts on u man!..

she said daddy please come all my friends dads are gna be there
i gave her my word assurd her ill cum n show her i really care...

she probly dusnt believe me but in a lil dark corner of her heart hope struggles to grow
broken down by previous disappointments bt will blossom into luv nurturd by the luv m determined to show...

m a new man n my baby is all i have
wasted so much of my life now all i want is just to be her dad...

30minutes into the program a little girl is standin on tip toe
peering into the crowd wonderin will he show...

lookn at the otha girls wth their dads wonderin wot she did wrong
was she such a bad lil gurl that her own dad hated her 4 so long?...

why does he make her cry
no matter how much she tries...

almost there,im almost there cant wait to see my child
when she sees me cant wait 2 see her smile...

ill pick her up n hold her tight
show her im for real n its gna be alright...

never EVER will she shed another tear
its ok baby daddys here...

thots so preoccupied i dont see the kid chasing his ball into the street
,i swerve off the road barely avoid him but cant avoid a tree...

as the blare of my horn pierces the air
i feel the life draining out of me... blood everywhere...

a lil gurl whispers a prayer to GOD for her dad
,asking him to help him cus she luvs him n he's all she has...

sobbin into her hands in a quiet corner she dusnt hear the sound
of footsteps comin as warm arms lift her off the ground...

DAD!!she exclaims in glee
,huggin me ferociously..

wot happnd to u?!she exclaims;who hurt u?
GOD gave me a second chance,i explain,He saw how much i loved u...

m so grateful for this 2nd chance i promise ill be a betta man
lets go home sweetie take my hand...

beautiful bright eyes shinin up at me with luv my hearts about to burst
sure dad she says but can we get some ice cream first!

2 comments: