Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Broken Wings..

On the wings of ur Love..


I'd fly up to moon...


I was walking on air..


Floating down the street with hearts in my eyes...








When u held my hand...i swear i could leap over buildings that werent too large..


ud snuggle up to me..and put ur nose in my neck ..and ur hand in my chest ..u made me feel like the man in charge..


I was the luckiest man alive..then u walked out of my life..


my magic carpet was pulled out from under me...and i started to plummet from the sky..












for a moment i was stuck in mid-air..in a land called limbo..couldnt believe u were gone..


u got me goin thru each day ..eyes to heaven...searching for the sun..


eyes searching the clouds..beyond whom i once soared..


then everything came crashing down as u took the base out of my world..








i was a fool for building castles in the sky..


cus love paid my debt to gravity..


till ur love left me..gravity wrenched me back into reality..


face against the concrete...wondering where my wings went...and i realised i(t) was all a-loan










people walk past me...some stop..some point...most stare..


i dont even want to get up..i just want to lay there..




defeated..but i rise slowly to my feet..and keep placing one foot in front of the other..


taking nothing with me but lessons learnt..walking thru each day..till i find my broken heart a home...










But still sometimes...in quiet moments...i remember how it used to feel...


The highs...The Lows...strapped in beside u..ur body in my arms...ur smiling face mirroring mine


...On Love's Ferris wheel...


Forever isnt supposed to have an ending


ironically sht got real when u started pretending..








But i walk on...remembering once i used to fly...


Had to give back my wings when u said goodbye...


i keep placing one foot in front of the other..i walk on Alone..


taking nothing with me but lessons learnt..walking thru each day..till i find my broken heart a home...







..x

No comments:

Post a Comment