Thursday, September 16, 2010

Love Heart...

A love heart carved on a tree…



Our names inside it….


And a single word below it….


“Forever”






We were young


But the strength of our love defied our age..


If I was asked to die for u...my only question would be “when”


If asked would I ever leave u…my only response would be “never”






So how come u’re no longer by my side…?






Time and Distance ganged up on us…


Ambushed us when we were at our weakest…


We fought back..but Suspicion and Doubt joined in..


We fought bravely…Trust can bear us witness…






They relentlessly chipped away at our Love…


Erased Trust…turned us against each other


weakened us to the point where we could fight anymore


I started to see the enemy in the eyes of my lover…






Years have passed…we’ve both moved on..but its never quite the same…


Cus when u love someone so deeply nothing else quite compares..


My heart still skips a beat when I hear ur name…and in times of solitude…my favourite memories….behind my eyelids…I always find u there






I wish I could see u one last time…kiss u …feel the familiar rush of emotion..hold u in my arms once again…


But I know reaching out for u would be useless…too much time has passed…too much has changed..


So I say goodbye….walk away…refusing to blink…heart and eyes full to the brim


Forcing myself to forget u…trying not to think…of what could’ve been






…x











No comments:

Post a Comment